CAM PAX

Discussions related to Solo
steverife

Re: CAM PAX

Post by steverife »

Rick Ruth threw out a .830 number. I'm not really sure what that is based off of, since the PAX for an SS Corvette on streets is .843...

From what I read, those folks have already cherry picked several FTP's across the country in regions where that number is used... I don't remember the region, but I think CAM had a clean sweep of the top 5 PAX.

edit: Actually, I no longer have any clue what cars are in what classes any more.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

steverife wrote:Rick Ruth threw out a .830 number. I'm not really sure what that is based off of, since the PAX for an SS Corvette on streets is .843...

From what I read, those folks have already cherry picked several FTP's across the country in regions where that number is used... I don't remember the region, but I think CAM had a clean sweep of the top 5 PAX.

edit: Actually, I no longer have any clue what cars are in what classes any more.

heyyyyyyyy.. I was only joking... :(
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

jcoatney wrote:
RxCritical wrote:So do the cars in CAM have to be a certain age or older?

:pirate:
No. You can race your C-7 against a Model-T. Sounds fair, right? This sounds like a crazy idea for a class but it sounds like it could be a fun one. Do you think it will eventually get a PAX index? I'm sure it would have to be a high one.
LOL, no not fair. You would think there would have to be something in the rules to prevent just that though.
:eating:
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Guys, this isn't unlike what happened with the ST classes in the beginning. You had a loose set of guidelines and things got fine tuned as things went along. You also had classes refined and added within the ST ruleset. If this class is successful, I have little doubt that we will see things broken out to make the competition a little more even. For that matter, there is nothing to say we can't do that locally if we get enough participation.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

FWIW...
I've been asked to look at the CAM Class regarding potential PAX/RTP factors. I'd use the two groups that have been talked about. For the slower group, I suggest .840 (.975 Multiplier against C Prepared). For the faster group, I suggest .849 (.975 Multiplier against Super Street Prepared). There is absolutely no data for what we can expect from this Category (class), but this estimation seems logical.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth
I'm not really sure what the 2 groups are...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I think what he is getting at is there are two schools of thought on how to come up with a multiplier for this class. I'm more inclined to think this class will end up looking like SSP on street tires than CP cars on street tires, at least until things get more developed and we get a rule set that caters to older cars.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story