General Questions

Discussions related to Solo
HsoloP

General Questions

Post by HsoloP »

Hi everyone! I have a 1995 Porsche 968 and had planned on running Sunday at Pellissippi State. This will be my first time doing this and had some beginner questions. My first question is about the battery. Mine is currently bolted down, but does it need to have a strap across it? Secondly, I have speed rated tires but want to run in the rookie class. How will that affect my placement? Finally, what is the best way to have non magnetic numbers on your car? I've seen people use painters tape, but i have a blue car. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dean
Wheelman_13

Re: General Questions

Post by Wheelman_13 »

If you turned the car upside-down with the hood/trunk open, would the battery move? If yes, it needs a strap.

If the bolts physically secure the battery to the frame/body somehow, then I'd expect that should be fine.

Post any modifications you've done to the car and we can help you get it in the right class, and then you would sign up as a rookie in that class. As long as your tires are "street tires" (with a treadwear rating over 140) then you have some other options as well. The rules don't generally specify a speed rating (W/Y/Z etc).

As for Numbers...Green/White painters/masking tape?
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
HsoloP

Post by HsoloP »

The car is completely stock. I just put new brakes and disks on the car. to help you out, it has 240bph with a 4 speed tiptronic transmission.
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Looks like C Street (CS now) is the right class.

For numbers, you can print large numbers and class on your printer and tape to the doors. Put the paper in plastic sleeves if it's going to be wet.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
HsoloP

Post by HsoloP »

Can i just pick any number I want?
integra55

Post by integra55 »

check the reg. link and see if the number (and class where your car ends up) and see if anyone already has that number … otherwise YES you can use any number you want (2 digit)

after you figure out which class (assuming you can for the SCCA rules … good luck with that) you can print off from these

class designation:

http://www.ccrscca.com/SoloClassLetters.pdf

numbers:

http://www.ccrscca.com/SoloNums.pdf
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
HsoloP

Post by HsoloP »

Thanks to everyone's help! I am registered and ready to go for Sundays solo runs at Pellissippi State! :lol2:
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

This question may have been answered before.... as of today I see we have 7 or 8 new Novice drivers registered for Sunday. Just a suggestion ....from what I have read their is no assigned parking area just find a spot....would it be a good idea for all of us Novice driver to gather in the paddock area as a group? The helmet just came today can't wait for Sunday....thanks
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Paul,paddock parking is in the lot farthest from the HOT AREA..past grid.. we try to keep Grid clear for Tech and to speed up first heat.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Which one is that.....Can you see the parking lot in this photo? Hope this works.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh1/ ... g~original
Paul Breitweiser
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

4-5 Oclock position
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TedV

Post by TedV »

yes, the large lots to the upper right close to the pond with the "pellissippi etc etc" on it is where run. That is the hot area. below that the triangle parking lot is where tech happens and then we grid. Please do not park in that area. Some event staff and mod cars like Karts that have to be pushed will park in that area but keep the grid area available for competitors. At the bottom of the picture, towards Hardin Valley is where paddock parking is.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks for the help with us understanding how the parking lots work. If all you novice drivers want to meet in one area of that paddock parking area look for the Generation 5 Camaro's (RED) should be (2) cars. I'll try to get there early so we can as a group find Jim and learn about registration etc. I have a portable air pump if you need to put air in your tires. Can you also give us a short example of what some of you pack for a first event? Food, drink, folding chair..... a bottle to pee in or some corn cobs to wipe with if the need arises.... :lol:
Paul Breitweiser
integra55

Post by integra55 »

bathrooms are avail. at the college

a chair, clothes for whatever weather is expected. sandwich (or something easy to eat while on the "run" as it were … there is no break for lunch), water (though there usually is some at the timing trailer, and at the work stations), sunblock (even if it's cool. the sun can still get you), comfortable shoes, you'll be on your feet for a long time … any tools that you think you might need …

someone mentioned earlier about batteries …. to make it through tech, make sure the batter doesn't move ANY when you grab it and shake, make sure your lug nuts are torqued to the correct spec, to go out on course (this will be checked at tech) please remove all loose objects from the inside of the car, front and rear (this includes driverside floor mats (even if they are the "attached" type) the trunk should also be emptied of any loose objects
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
HsoloP

Post by HsoloP »

Do the CP, CS, and CSP drivers want to park in the same general area Sunday? :?: