TODAY

Discussions related to Solo
TedV

Re: TODAY

Post by TedV »

I told the folks I walked the course with to ignore all the sucker cones of the inside wall except the last one. Set the car up coming up the hill to be turned and pointed down the hill so you can make the right turn towards the finish.

Knowing what to do and getting the car to do it doesn't always work out as planed.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm really rusty and have had a hard time executing the last few years, but...

I'm really big on not fighting the car. People always say to look ahead. Looking ahead doesn't really help me. I need to plan ahead. I need to have a plan to put the car in the position that lets me drive my line without fighting the car.

I think I did an okay job on the finish. I just was off on my braking/corner entry and I wasn't confident in the car through the slalomy stuff. Give me 5 or 6 or 7 events in the car in a short period of time and I'll be good.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Just got back in town. Sorry I had to skip out early after Sunday's event, I had to fly to FL for corporate stuffs. It was a great event! Fantastic weather. The course was a lot of fun and thanks to everyone that helped make the event a success. Congrats to all of the class winners!

Based on my first 2 runs it was clear that I had convinced myself that my tires where so bad I could not drive hard... seemed more like just out for a "Sunday" drive :). I drove a bit harder on the 4th run and saw the tires will probably be just fine until I get some extra cash.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

From Sunday up till now and still going,I have not seen an after event thread go like this one. WE have just got to have ONE HECK of a region. THANKS TO ALL ETR MEMBERS and Guest for this event....WOW :rockon: :rockon: :lol: :lol: 8) Lets close this one down and start SMACK for the next :lol2: :lol2: Thanks B.C.
Bob Colbert
Dr Evil

Post by Dr Evil »

I had a good time and got to re-connect with a few old friends. I haven't been on a true autox course in many years so this was a nice change. I didn't prep or anything, just drove the car in off the street and had fun.
One thing is for sure, I've got to learn this new car all over again. Its nothing like a C4 vette on hoosiers. I'm still not sure if that's good or bad though.
Russ Buckner
1969 model wife. Factory redhead package, all stock no mods.
2005 model son. Special ordered with hell on wheels package.