Is this the proper place to ask about car classification?

Discussions related to Solo
Jacobalt21

Is this the proper place to ask about car classification?

Post by Jacobalt21 »

Hi, names Jacob, obviously new to this. I'm wondering if I can find out my solo II classification? I drive a 2014 scion tc. all help appreciated! :mrgreen:
jpvette

Re: Is this the proper place to ask about car classification

Post by jpvette »

If it is stock H Street. If it is modified You will need to list the mods.
Jim Lindsey
'02 Z06
integra55

Post by integra55 »

jpvette wrote:If it is stock H Street. If it is modified You will need to list the mods.

and that means any and all mods … within the SCCA you might be surprised what can cause a car to change classes :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Miata 37

Post by Miata 37 »

I have a class question as well. It's been a few years since I've done this and things have apparently quite a bit. I have a 96 Miata that is bone stock except for coilovers. I will run on R compounds. What are my class options these days?
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Miata 37 wrote:I have a class question as well. It's been a few years since I've done this and things have apparently quite a bit. I have a 96 Miata that is bone stock except for coilovers. I will run on R compounds. What are my class options these days?

C Street Prepared or
SSM or XP or DP or..... :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Miata 37 wrote:I have a class question as well. It's been a few years since I've done this and things have apparently quite a bit. I have a 96 Miata that is bone stock except for coilovers. I will run on R compounds. What are my class options these days?
As JB pointed out, that's a complicated question and you haven't provided enough detail. If the suspension geometry hasn't changed (attachment points, camber, caster, ride height, etc.) and you are using the stock springs, coilover struts might be allowed in Street-R class, specifically ESR, if they are no more than double adjustable. R-comps means you can't run in a Street Tire class. If you can't run in ESR, then the Street Prepared is the most likely class. 1990-2005 MX-5 Miata's run in CSP. And, of course, there are all the other classes JB listed.

The National Solo Rules are available here. Street Class Rules start on page 69 and Street Prepared rules start on page 89. The Street-R (Street Class but with R-comps instead of 140TW tires) goes away next year.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner