A call for some specific volunteers

Discussions related to Solo
RxCritical

Re: A call for some specific volunteers

Post by RxCritical »

Mark,
Yes, I can do Tech.
I think the mock event we plan on doing would be a great training session for most everyone.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
steverife

Post by steverife »

I have some Saturday work obligations and the possibility of traveling for work up to 1 weekend per month. I don't know my schedule until a few weeks in advance. For instance, I don't know my June schedule.

Realistically, I plan to go to everything I can and should be at 80+% of the events.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
flier129

Post by flier129 »

MARKP wrote: Marcus: are you saying you will be available to train a small group of minions that can assign workers and train workers to be sure they are doing what they need to do while working course? This training session for your small group will need to be at a time when everyone can be there, separate from an event.
Yes, I'll start recruiting these minions now.

edit: I'm willing to train the right person so they could do the entire "worker jerk" job and I could help with timing, registration, or equipment since I'm use to working with computers/apps/electronics. To clarify, I am volunteering as Chief of Workers.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Novices; and thanks for volunteering to help Paul; I think you have a lot you can contribute, happy to have ya
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

CobraJim wrote:Novices; and thanks for volunteering to help Paul; I think you have a lot you can contribute, happy to have ya
Thanks!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Tim Gillespie

Post by Tim Gillespie »

MARKP wrote:Tim: Sorry, I don't know you very well. Thank you for volunteering. Do you want to be the chief of timing? You will need to learn all the ins and outs from one of our timing masters :lol: and get things organized and be sure you have a small group of experts that can run the deal in your absence. You will need to know how the timing equipment works and how to resolve issues when they pop up. Training at some other time as noted above...
I am volunteering to learn the ins-and-outs, train experts - everything you listed. If that means being "chief", I am fine with that, although the title isn't important to me, especially if it might cause friction for such a new person to be given the title. Every organization has a pecking order and I don't want to upset anything. But as I said, I am perfectly willing to do everything you said. I have a very technical background and should have no trouble learning the equipment and resolving issues.

I assume that there is a reasonable expectation for the timetable to pull all of this together. I imagine that it will take at least as couple of events just to learn how everything works.

Tim
My Factory Five Cobra build site: http://www.timsroadster.com
AndrewsMsm

Post by AndrewsMsm »

I would like to learn a bit about tech inspection.

*I figured out my user name, Marcus.* lol
integra55

Post by integra55 »

RxCritical wrote:Mark,
Yes, I can do Tech.
I think the mock event we plan on doing would be a great training session for most everyone.

having done tech for the last 2 yrs… will I be required to travel to a mock event ? or will time served count for that ? :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

integra55 wrote:
Yes, I can do Tech.

having done tech for the last 2 yrs… will I be required to travel to a mock event ? or will time served count for that ? :lol:
I think your good with just a couple of online courses!
:pirate:
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

Tim Gillespie wrote:
MARKP wrote:Tim: Sorry, I don't know you very well. Thank you for volunteering. Do you want to be the chief of timing? You will need to learn all the ins and outs from one of our timing masters :lol: and get things organized and be sure you have a small group of experts that can run the deal in your absence. You will need to know how the timing equipment works and how to resolve issues when they pop up. Training at some other time as noted above...
I am volunteering to learn the ins-and-outs, train experts - everything you listed. If that means being "chief", I am fine with that, although the title isn't important to me, especially if it might cause friction for such a new person to be given the title. Every organization has a pecking order and I don't want to upset anything. But as I said, I am perfectly willing to do everything you said. I have a very technical background and should have no trouble learning the equipment and resolving issues.

I assume that there is a reasonable expectation for the timetable to pull all of this together. I imagine that it will take at least as couple of events just to learn how everything works.

Tim
Tim, I can help you out with timing. Willing to be an indian.
Jed Peterson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks for all the volunteers so far. We still have some positions to fill.
Registration
Grid
Equipment
Waivers and compliance
Please post up if you are interested in making sure these duties run efficiently. Thanks!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
integra55

Post by integra55 »

RxCritical wrote:
integra55 wrote:
Yes, I can do Tech.

I think your good with just a couple of online courses!
:pirate:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I would like to work under Jim as a novice gopher
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »