Shop to dyno tune a turbo?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
jspadaro

Shop to dyno tune a turbo?

Post by jspadaro »

I'm looking at megasquirt + turbo in the next year on my Miata. (I won't be autocrossing it.)

Are there any recommendations for a shop in town that knows how to do this sort of thing? I looked through the services recommendation sticky, but I'm looking for kind of a specific thing here.
- James Spadaro
lcoleman

Re: Shop to dyno tune a turbo?

Post by lcoleman »

From what I've seen, I'd choose Fastech. Make sure you have a solid street tune before you go in, with all the drivability stuff worked out. Let the shop dial in timing only, basically.

There are a few of us around that have MS experience who may be able to help if you get stuck. Just ask!
Lucas Coleman STM #72
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I always used Knoxville Performance for my dyno runs. No experience with them tuning anything but Ted has some.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TedV

Post by TedV »

Keep searching for someone who can dyno tune it.

I did my MS tuning on the street with the 2.0 liter 16V frankenturbo. 200hp + in sub 1900lbs Scirocco. The most stupid act of driving I ever did in my life. I could not keep it loaded up long enough in all the rpm ranges to get a proper street tune. Some suicidal organ donor on a 600 sport bike attempted to keep up with me. I pulled over and waited for him because he was going to die trying to catch me wondering WTF it was.

DO NOT STREET TUNE BEYOND A GOOD IDLE AND BASIC DRIVABILITY!! unfortunately I can't vouch for any dyno folks to give a recommendation.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
jspadaro

Post by jspadaro »

Fastech looks like they're worth checking out. Thanks!
- James Spadaro
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

You might also check with High Velocity. I don't have personal experience, but I also haven't heard any horrer stories. 'Not sure how much MS experience they have. Just tossing another option out there.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld