Auto Auction Today

Discussions related to Solo
John Brown

Re: Auto Auction Today

Post by John Brown »

From what I saw... a lot of folks over drove the course. Mark and JY both had the fastest time on run number 1. That's a pretty good indicator. I had a lot of folks ask me how I got my time ,, and after I told them to stay tight and slow down early..they went a LOT faster!

I hit the rev limiter 2 times.. something I normally only do once at Pilli...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Slow down early. That is what I wanted to do!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Have to congratulate Kieran for beating me in PAX in his first event in JA! :rockon:
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Btw, Scott, I have something for you and your son .. top 3 times got prizes
Chuck629

Post by Chuck629 »

Buck05Sti wrote:Does anyone know how to get in touch with Charlie Sykes and the other person that drives the greenish miata? i think one of them left a pair of shoes in the parking lot. im assuming the shoes are one of theirs since they were parked directly across from me, but anybody missing some shoes? :)
Heh, my $20 size 13 walmart water shoes? I guess I took them out when I unloaded the car for Marcus' fun run in 2nd heat and they never got loaded back up. If you have them, I can probably pick them up at the event next week. Thanks.
Charlie Sykes STM #55

1991 Honda CRX SI
1990 Mazda Miata
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I don't know about Mark but I couldn't have driven any tighter than I did the corner turn down the hill got brought in 8-10 so I couldn't let the car feed out under power and I had to go so slow in a big heavy car and that killed any chance of me doing well as we sometimes try and make the course safe it becomes a course that you can't manage any speed or in my case I would spin. I don't know if we will be back at adessa next year and after Sundays event it won't bother me and if Marcus hadn't hit a cone on his first run 5 local pros got the fastest time on run 1. I was shocked at how much time JB picked up from run 1 to run 2 and winning by a large margin in pax. Already trying to figure out where I have lost the ability to finish higher in pro.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I over drove my first run. And then I slowed all my entries down,making all my exits faster. I did drop a lot of time. And dropped more on fun runs. Not counting the one I took Wilson with me.
integra55

Post by integra55 »

:lol2: really don't think you need to be taking Wilson on any fun/instructional runs …. :lol2:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

jcox07 wrote:I don't know about Mark but I couldn't have driven any tighter than I did the corner turn down the hill got brought in 8-10 so I couldn't let the car feed out under power and I had to go so slow in a big heavy car and that killed any chance of me doing well as we sometimes try and make the course safe it becomes a course that you can't manage any speed or in my case I would spin. I don't know if we will be back at adessa next year and after Sundays event it won't bother me and if Marcus hadn't hit a cone on his first run 5 local pros got the fastest time on run 1. I was shocked at how much time JB picked up from run 1 to run 2 and winning by a large margin in pax. Already trying to figure out where I have lost the ability to finish higher in pro.
.777 isn't a large margin.. 1.7 seconds is a large margin.. check back thru the events. That's what Pilson , Cathers , and you had on me and KK. at Pilli dragcourse earlier this year. :lol:

But also Pilli favors the power cars.. 180 turns and long runs between turns.. When courses become flat and momentum is possible.. things become a lot more equal. There were only 3 "digs" on Adesa.. and the last one didn't hurt much due to the finish being close and a turn at the same time. Pilli is nothing but digs and straights.. sometimes up hill. the only way to equal Pilli out is saloms.. the ones we cant go WFO thru..

Don't you think the cold had something to do with your times? KK said that's what killed him.. I dunno... Toyoz rocked!! :rockon:
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

You are probly best driver we have but .777 pax is I think your largest margin of victory in a while not that it isn't possible. Heat in the tires was not a issue. Every now and then some one does win with a hero run and I guess that was what it was. While checking the cone killer award for this year it is down to 2 it looks like and unless someone mows down 20 cones no one will be able to catch the top 2 for this award and Marcus you ain't in the hunt this year...lol
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

sentrase wrote:I also liked the course a lot, good mix of elements and speeds. Hankooks in the cold are unusable, unless I had some other issue.
Were you running the original version of the RS3's or Version 2?
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

I've ran scratches with John since I got back in my car after nats. I didn't bring enough tire and couldn't position the car on entry, or really put down power like I should. I felt like I was giving up .2 - .5 per key cone, so I feel like I could have been a lot close. I rode with Jed in Jarod's car. It seemed to work okay.

John just outworked us.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

disneyd wrote:
sentrase wrote:I also liked the course a lot, good mix of elements and speeds. Hankooks in the cold are unusable, unless I had some other issue.
Were you running the original version of the RS3's or Version 2?
Kristo was on the V1's. The V2's seem to be good in the cool and or the wet.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
flier129

Post by flier129 »

jcox07 wrote:While checking the cone killer award for this year it is down to 2 it looks like and unless someone mows down 20 cones no one will be able to catch the top 2 for this award and Marcus you ain't in the hunt this year...lol
Thank god :lol:

The kooks didn't feel like they normally did, I chalked it up to a dirty lot..... until I couldn't beat JB's and Lucas' time at all. My first and second runs were nearly the same time, but I had two big mistakes on my 2nd run so if I could of fixed those and then not been overly cautious through the slaloms I would of been at a 49.3xx-ish like I expected to be. Was going for it on my 3rd and 4th runs.....but I was scared of the cones on my 3rd tip-toeing through the slaloms and I spun out on my 4th. I had some issues keeping the back-end behind me, maybe I was just having too much fun with it :D

Highlight of this event for me is when Jarrod let me drive his vette......no wonder Cathers hates my car now, vettes are the bees-knees :rockon: It goes where you want it, when you want it, how you want it, and really damn fast. Torquez, I needz it. Thanks again to Jarrod for letting me take it for a run.

Also....event run sooo much smoother compared to last event. I hope all the events can go like that. I had no issues finding people for each and every position, which was the icing on the cake for me.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
integra55

Post by integra55 »

my quickest run … Bob got me by 25 thousands of a sec.

and if anyone has any guesses about the "cow bells" as JB calls them … the noise thats there in left hand turns … please chime in

https://vimeo.com/108113663
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245