Thank You All For A Great Season

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Thank You All For A Great Season

Post by Gen52SS »

Thank you all…..My first autocross season was a BLAST for me. Since yesterday was may last ETR event for this season… I just wanted to thank ALL of you who work so hard to put these events together. I've learned a lot about autocross and driving since my first event back in February. I appreciate all the help and advice throughout the season it's made me a better driver. My new tires DO NOT like cool temps for sure. Lot's of grip last week at Corvette Museum 83 degrees to 49 yesterday had hard time keeping on course.

My expectations were high yesterday wanted to finish my season with a win but these tires really like heat I had NO grip. I thought my day would be better then it turned out but still had FUN. I look forward to next season I'll be 69 years old... time running out but will predict I will win at least one event. I have made every ETR event this season but 16th make-up date is out for me. I hope to be at the banquet in January. Thank You all again….. I'm HOOKED.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
jcox07

Re: Thank You All For A Great Season

Post by jcox07 »

Glad to have you in the club and it doesn't take long to get hooked on this sport. I to am already looking forward to next year as well. I hope ETR members that have never been to a national tour/event will try to make one, these events are truely something everyone should do at least once. The courses are on bigger lots than what we run on and way more grip. Looking forward to seeing all at the year end awards and we should be getting that opened up soon for all to sign up for.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I agree with everything Jeff said. If you are running regularly at local stuff, come to a national event to get a look at something bigger.

Paul, we had good grip in the Mustang yesterday after my first run. However, we had to run tire pressures a good bit below what we would normally run anywhere else.

Sent from the Galaxy.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

MARKP wrote: Paul, we had good grip in the Mustang yesterday after my first run. However, we had to run tire pressures a good bit below what we would normally run anywhere else.

Sent from the Galaxy.
Mark..it's really a combination of things aggressive alignment done plus the new Hankook V2 S-R3 tires took my car from pushing bad for 8 months to now oversteering sometimes controlable yesterday not so much. I had my pressures as low as 32 lbs should I have gone lower roll over was right on or just below the tire triangle indicator marks. I've only run 2 events on this new setup and it's like starting over again as far as tire pressures and learning to drive a car that oversteers now instead of understeers. I kinda used the Corvette Museum experience as a lead up to trying one of the bigger events next season.....thanks again for all time and effort the ETR staff put in. I hope I can contribute more next season.
Last edited by Gen52SS on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Thanks Paul see you at the food table.
Bob Colbert