New NA Miata

Discussions related to Solo
Colt

New NA Miata

Post by Colt »

Hey guys,

I picked up a '93 A-Package Miata around a month ago to build for autocross and track days. To start off I was going to go ES as it's the cheapest, and I'll be out their racing sooner. Since my dad and I plan to take it to track days later on, so we are installing a roll bar from the start, most likely the Hard Dog M1. We also wanted to do a few cosmetic upgrades to the interior, most notably the center console delete. Would there be a problem locally with a few of these interior mods in ES?

Also if any of the Miata drivers have tips I'd love to hear them.
CJ Oldham
SeanDrives4Fun

Re: New NA Miata

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

You can't do much interior delete, well any and still be fair to the other ES, do as I do. Run up a class or two and work on the most important part LoL. I CSP on Old R1R's and placed several times, it was a ball. Ran STN with all the Miatas from Knox area Roadsters (we would be classed all over the board and wanted to run, ride together) and we also had a ball, braggin' talk in' smack and some of us winning Big Mac's!
Rally Boss
Colt

Post by Colt »

Yeah I'm familiar with most of the rules, but I see what you're saying. I'm mostly out there for the enjoyment part anyways, so it will be nice to meet up with yourself and the other Miata owners when I get mine ready. It's not a deal breaker to run in a different class or even in STM for this reason. I was mainly wanting to stay in ES as I feel like it would be the most reasonable PAX time to compare with other friends. I'll be running with the roll bar, this should hurt my time from my understandings of the weight versus added rigidity, so I didn't know if anyone would have a problem of me removing 5lbs so I can fix the interior up to my liking. The SWVR is also my home region so I'm not a contender for any points battles as well.
CJ Oldham
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Your best bet is to ask your competition if they're ok with your "illegal" mods. I certainly wouldn't care if I was running ES and you asked me about running with your center console delete, lol.

Tips...... don't lift! The miata is always happy on-throttle.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
Colt

Post by Colt »

Thanks for the help. I'll deffinitely make sure they are okay with it before the events.
CJ Oldham