Questions on T&T

Discussions related to Solo
90civichb

Re: Questions on T&T

Post by 90civichb »

Strange we only do this once a year with how unsurprisingly popular the event seems to be. I wonder if it's just because it's the first event and the only way to keep your number?
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
steverife

Post by steverife »

90civichb wrote:Strange we only do this once a year with how unsurprisingly popular the event seems to be. I wonder if it's just because it's the first event and the only way to keep your number?
Whenever I get my plans figured out, I'm going to push to chair another one in the summer if we have the interest. :)
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The first points event is your number holder, not the test and tune.

Sent from the Galaxy.
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

steverife wrote: Whenever I get my plans figured out, I'm going to push to chair another one in the summer if we have the interest. :)
So what you are saying is... We shouldn't hold our breath? :lol:

The first points event is your number holder, not the test and tune.
Then we need to help Steve with figuring out his plans. I just find it strange that the lack of meaningful competition would be so appealing to everyone. There just seems to be a lot of possible missed opportunity with Test-N-Tune events, but I don't know the ins and outs of how to set up events. I am sure you all area already stretched somewhat thin.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

This one is so popular because it's the beginning of the year. Once things get humming along, I won't need another local T&T. Now....concrete somewhere....I'd be in.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

This helps those that travel to national events get the car sorted out and to make changes if needed. Blytheville pro solo is March7 and 8 and Dixie champ tour is the following week. The test n tune mainly benefits those more so than others unless you have made changes to the car or the 200 tw rating is something that is new to your class and you need time to get those figured out.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Now....concrete somewhere....I'd be in.
Chattanooga 2/22 is on concrete. Maybe it's even aged enough so it has some grip. It's also under subscribed the last time I checked. I'm waiting until the weather picture is a little clearer before signing up for that one.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

thrdeye wrote:This one is so popular because it's the beginning of the year. Once things get humming along, I won't need another local T&T. Now....concrete somewhere....I'd be in.
Personally... I think tnts are a good idea if for no other reason than to get done "on the fence" people out to try it in a low stress environment.
Kim doesn't like coming out because if the limited # of runs and afraid of looking like a fool.
She drove 9 hours to go to a tnt so she could drive as much as she wants without being timed officially.

I like them for seat time, period.

Back home (admittedly, we had a dedicated place to run), we did "low key" events, basically a tnt once a month. They were a hit and we got a number of people out to real events add a result.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
TedV

Post by TedV »

90civichb wrote: I just find it strange that the lack of meaningful competition would be so appealing to everyone.
Knock the rust of your brain before the event the next day when all the runs count. Especially if the car has changed since last year/event
You get to try stuff without worrying you wasted a run in competition if it doesn't work out.
Few other reasons I'm sure.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Like Ted said... I do them because I want seat time ans want to push a bit without worrying a spin or a tin of cones aren't going to cost me.
It's also good for going in other cars, even you're direct competitors to see if it is you our your car.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'd do it just for the extra runs if I had a car and didn't work that day.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

One other note on the test n tune, numbers and your class WILL NEED to be on your car for this so we can run timing as it is a normal event to make sure we don't encounter any issues with the new updated axware.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500