IMPORTANT - 2015 Registration Policies & Notes

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

IMPORTANT - 2015 Registration Policies & Notes

Post by thrdeye »

Hi all, in preparation for Steve Rife to take over as Registration Honcho in 2015, I've made some changes which should help speed things up and make things easier for the club to manage weekend memberships and other things. In no particular order, here are some notes.

Choosing your class when registering on motorsportsreg.com
The first selection dropdown is your class. Everyone will make a class selection.

The second selection is your PAX, which is only used if you are running Pro, Novice, or Ladies. I have validation rules in place which will prevent you from selecting (for example) A Street as your class and A Street as your PAX. There is also a validation rule which requires a PAX if you choose Pro, Novice, or Ladies.

If you are able to somehow get past this sniffer, please let me know so that I can fix it. I've tested it, so you shouldn't be able to.

Permanent/Reserved Numbers
We are now setup to pull from a number pool. If the number has been chosen, it is gone for the year. Please register for the first event (or the T&T) to get the number you want. This may cause some issues down the road when cars start carrying multiple codrivers, but we'll have to deal with those at the trailer. We almost ran out of numbers in STM last year, so reserved numbers should help.

Novices
For 2015, we will need Novices to put the "N" back on their car. This is necessary because of the class/pax relationship. Also, AxWare will now let us run pax classes with their base class.

Memberships
Our membership database is now integrated with our motorsportsreg account in real-time. If your membership will have lapsed by the time the event will have occurred, then you'll be prompted to choose the weekend membership fee when registering. You simply pick the weekend membership fee, skip online payment, and renew your membership before the event (We will check your card at the event to make sure you're being honest!)

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems

Notes:

Just a few notes.

1 - If you register for another event and can't find your number, take a closer look. It is at the top of the dropdown list.

2 - There MAY be an issue with the reserved numbers in Pro, L, and N. Currently, MSR will not allow, for example, a PBS 99 and a PAS 99, since the first person that selects #99 in Pro reserves that number. I've emailed MSR to see if there is a solution, because I'd say almost every club in the country runs their pro class this way. I don't see this being much of an issue in N or L, since running a high number isn't really too common than running anything else. But in Pro, lots of folks will have higher numbers.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Re: IMPORTANT - 2015 Registration Policies & Notes

Post by thrdeye »

The membership database is for sure working.

My membership was valid through 02/28, and I couldn't register for the 03/01 event as a member. I renewed this morning and immediately went over to MSR and registered as a member. Pretty cool.
Chris Harp
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks for all the work, Chris.

Sent from the Galaxy.
SKLR

Post by SKLR »

So, I was registering for the T&T as well as the 1st event, but H Street seems to be missing from the options list.
Gurneesh Jatana
05 MSM :rockon:
05 Sentra SpecV
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Hi Gurneesh, I'm not sure why HS was missing, but I have corrected that.

Thanks
Chris Harp
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I had tried to sign up for pt.1 (to reserve my #) in both STM & STS … and while I get an email confirmation for both, only one of them shows up in the entry list ….
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yeah because you basically are editing your registration since there's only one segment to register in. You should reserve STM first, I'm sure it will go quicker. Unless there's a new STS competitor, I would not expect someone to take your #55 in that class. Although Bob might just do it to piss you off :D
Chris Harp
integra55

Post by integra55 »

yeah … that's what I did … and I can totally see that happening :fight:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Some more notes:

Just a few notes.

1 - If you register for another event and can't find your number, take a closer look. It is at the top of the dropdown list.

2 - There MAY be an issue with the reserved numbers in Pro, L, and N. Currently, MSR will not allow, for example, a PBS 99 and a PAS 99, since the first person that selects #99 in Pro reserves that number. I've emailed MSR to see if there is a solution, because I'd say almost every club in the country runs their pro class this way. I don't see this being much of an issue in N or L, since running a high number isn't really too common than running anything else. But in Pro, lots of folks will have higher numbers.
Chris Harp