Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Post by thrdeye »

Opens Sunday @ 9AM

http://www.etrscca.org/events/

ETR#1 is open since there is no entry limit to that event.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
RxCritical

Re: Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Post by RxCritical »

The event 1 registration hotlink shows it is broken. The T&T link does work. But I doubt I could make it and don't want to take a space for someone else. But I would like to reserve my number. Is the Event 1 link supposed to be working or do we register for the T&T and then bow out?
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

I was able to register to the link you posted in the Solo Committee section. But the link above still shows black flag for the Event 1.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Are you going to break CAM down into C, T and S? Only CAM is listed on the registration form. And I second Paul on the link being broken.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yeah. I will. Forgot about that.

Link should be fixed.

Sorry for the bugs, been looking at this for about 4 hours now. Eyes crossing....
Chris Harp
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Hey so the 3 supplemental CAM classes seem to be targeted at National Events. Do we need 3 CAM classes locally?
Regions are encouraged to offer this program using a single CAM class or the National Solo® supplemental classes to encourage Classic American Muscle car enthusiasts to join the fun at your SCCA Solo® events!
Chris Harp
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Honestly, I would not think so. I think the intent was to keep modern cars such as mine from dominating the CAM class. Not sure we have that problem but last year that one Boss 302 was in CAM.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

How about running CAM as a PAX group if we don't have enough entries in the individual CAM groups.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Personally, I like the breakdown of classing for cam. That boss is a perfect example. A well prepped cam-c car with a decent driver is going to have its way with most cam-t cars imo

Modern vettes (c4 and up) should not be allowed either, and I think that's how it is.

I'll most likely be there for the tnt, as I need to adjust to the car's new setup
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

RxCritical wrote:Honestly, I would not think so. I think the intent was to keep modern cars such as mine from dominating the CAM class. Not sure we have that problem but last year that one Boss 302 was in CAM.
The stock Boss 302 for 2015 can run in F Street as well. Paul...I think the Boss 302 you are referring too is a Laguna Seca which CAN NOT run in F Street must run in CAM-C

Regions are encouraged to offer CAM as a stand-alone class for local meets, with the three supplemental classes T, C and S available at all National Solo events.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

8:00 AM – 9:15 AM | Registration & Tech Open
9:00 AM | Course Ready to walk
8:30 AM | Novice Walks begin
10:00 AM | Course closed for walking
10:15 AM | Driver’s meeting
10:30 AM | Cars to grid
10:45 AM | Runs Begin

This could be confusing to some ...the event schedule shows course ready to walk at 9 AM but Novice walks begin at 8:30 AM.... while Jim walked with a few novice people all morning are official Novice walk was around 9:30 or 9:45 AM just before the drivers meeting?

TEAM ETR Stickers
These are available for $5 per pair on site. If you are running for championship points, this decal is required. Positioning of the decals on the vehicle are at your discretion.

This was not required last year....I have mine on the car will this be a requirement?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

1 - I personally think that CAM cars ought to just jump in STM here locally.

Otherwise I do like the idea of a group index class since it sounds like we might have a few this year.

I mean, who wants to run by themselves?

2 - Novice time is probably an oversight but Jim deals with novices all morning. There was a discussion at some point about getting novices on site as early as possible.

3 - The stickers were required for years. Their sale help with trophies and other championship stuff that costs money...like this banquet we just took a bath on.

For years (probably 3-4) we had no stickers. We have them as of SeDiv last year.

I just push the buttons and will set this stuff up however our chiefs want.
jcoatney

Re:

Post by jcoatney »

thrdeye wrote:1 - I personally think that CAM cars ought to just jump in STM here locally.
I just bought a car specifically to run CAM and spent a lot of time and money tracking down 200 TW tires. I didn't buy it to run against all wheel drive cars on 140 TW tires.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
joker717

Post by joker717 »

STC is still listed as an option when registering. I went ahead and registered for STS since I was told STC was eliminated. But other people might not know.
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

joker717 wrote:STC is still listed as an option when registering. I went ahead and registered for STS since I was told STC was eliminated. But other people might not know.
It's still in MSR's default classes. I guess they haven't kept up with it and I didn't notice.
Chris Harp