Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: Re:

Post by thrdeye »

jcoatney wrote:
thrdeye wrote:1 - I personally think that CAM cars ought to just jump in STM here locally.
I just bought a car specifically to run CAM and spent a lot of time and money tracking down 200 TW tires. I didn't buy it to run against all wheel drive cars on 140 TW tires.
Like I said, that's my personal opinion, and probably what I'd do if I had a CAM car.....and I just push the buttons.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
joker717

Re: Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Post by joker717 »

It's still in MSR's default classes. I guess they haven't kept up with it and I didn't notice.
Not a big deal just thought it might save some confusion later :D
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

yep....I deleted it.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I second Coatney. Without the CAM class, I'd be running in ESP, not STM. Even if I don't manage to get to a National event this year, I want to have a car that's eligible to run in one.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Gen52SS

Re: Re:

Post by Gen52SS »

I just bought a car specifically to run CAM and spent a lot of time and money tracking down 200 TW tires. I didn't buy it to run against all wheel drive cars on 140 TW tires.
I agree we should have at least a CAM class almost everyone else has one. I would go as far to say CAM-T 1977 and below....CAM-C 1978 and up
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Hey don't forget cam-s: I'm considering changing classes and that's where I'd be going.
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

CobraJim wrote:Hey don't forget cam-s: I'm considering changing classes and that's where I'd be going.
Is your car eligible for CAM? In the rationale section of the rules it only mentions Ford,Chrysler and GM as manufacturers. Does it weigh 2350 lbs with a glass windshield or 2500 lbs with Lexan? 1984+ Corvettes and all Vipers are specifically excluded. I would ask for a ruling from the SEB before committing to CAM if I were you.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

Mincharlie

Post by Mincharlie »

Hey guys, I think the cam class should be sub divided. I didn't mind being outrun last season by the boss mustang, however if we want more old school muscle cars such as mine to show up we should make it a fair fight. I like to run against all those guys, makes it a lot more challenging for me. If we are going to divide it I need to know so I can get some T's for the car. See you all on the first!
Dan Larson
1969 camaro
CAM-t
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

dewittpayne wrote:
CobraJim wrote:Hey don't forget cam-s: I'm considering changing classes and that's where I'd be going.
Is your car eligible for CAM? In the rationale section of the rules it only mentions Ford,Chrysler and GM as manufacturers. Does it weigh 2350 lbs with a glass windshield or 2500 lbs with Lexan? 1984+ Corvettes and all Vipers are specifically excluded. I would ask for a ruling from the SEB before committing to CAM if I were you.

Well my car is ford-ish, it is 2350 lbs with me in it. But I do believe your right. I would like an official ruling before committing to a class change.
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

dewittpayne wrote:I would ask for a ruling from the SEB before committing to CAM if I were you.
Agreed. The SEB would be the final word.

But I'm not going to ask for that ruling (I'm not currently running it anyway).

However, I have it on good authority that this (Cobra replicas / CAM-S) has been specifically endorsed by Raleigh Boreen (Regional Solo Coordinator from national SCCA) and Scott Dobler (Southeast Solo Development Coordinator).

If it was up to me they'd be in BS or BSP with the originals - "all".
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

If it was up to me they'd be in BS or BSP with the originals - "all".
Well, reason and logic and SCCA rules are not always congruent. There are times when I think that 'always' in that sentence should be replaced with 'often'.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

oldmuscle69

o DriverRe: Feb 28th Test & Tune Registration

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Well glad to hear the Coatney name in a post..... Welcome back John boy, been missing your flat all out driving style/missing cones!!!! Need a Co driver??
Bob Colbert
timray

Post by timray »

:shock: Bronwyn and I signed up for test and tune and pe1. Can't wait to see you guys. We are changing regions and look forward to running the points series with you guys.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Registered!! Don't wait if you are planning on running the test and tune. With the entry cap, it will fill up! It's almost half full already!

Welcome Tim!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I signed up so my number is locked in not sure if I will run as no 200TW on the car yet.
Bob Colbert