Border Wars Solo

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Border Wars Solo

Post by Gen52SS »

3 races to decide who really wins the war. 3 races to see who is the best. 3 races to determine who has it and who doesn't.
3 race SCCA Solo series between the South East Division and the Great Lakes Division. ALL 3 races will located at the National Corvette Motorsports Park in Bowling Green Kentucky track.
3 races to determine the best division in the east, points are awarded on participation with bonus points on first place trophies handed out (must have at least 3 drivers to earn bonus).
The division with the most points at the end of 3 races wins the Border Wars. A special championship trophy is awarded to the Border Wars Champion.
Divisions are encouraged to promote "Team" atmosphere
RACE 1 TRSCCA 4/26 Regional
RACE 2 SCCA MATCH TOUR 5/1
RACE 3 Waiting on the Great lakes to determine their race date.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
racersd2

Re: Border Wars Solo

Post by racersd2 »

Paul, you are all over it!!!
Scott Dobler II
SEDiv S.D.C.
-Yep thats me.
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

racersd2 wrote:Paul, you are all over it!!!
Scott.....I plan on making two of these for sure. I've already booked my room for the Match Tour in May see you at Jetport before then.
Paul Breitweiser
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Will all 3 events be two days or just the Tour?

Sent from the Galaxy.
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Interesting. I plan on going to the match tour already.

The 4/26 event... that's going on right as the c5 / c6 birthday bash is going on at the ncm. The place will be packed all weekend and I would think there is already going to be autocrosses going on over Friday or Saturday there. I'll bee there for that as well
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Gen52SS

Re:

Post by Gen52SS »

MARKP wrote:Will all 3 events be two days or just the Tour?

Sent from the Galaxy.
We need Scott to give more details on exactly how this will work. I think 4/26 is a regular TRSCCA points one day Sunday event (NOT GOING). The 5/1 date is SCCA Match Tour weekend Saturday and Sunday 5/2 and 5/3 on 5/1 Friday is early tech, course walk, and T&T. I already have a room for Friday and Saturday night. Last year Great Lakes SEDiv event was held on 10/26 Sunday with 10/25 Saturday early tech, course open for walk and T&T
it was a joint effort by Kentucky SCCA, Great Lakes as well as NCM's first autocross on it's new pad. almost 200 cars at this one. I'm sending Scott an email.
Paul Breitweiser
racersd2

Border Wars Solo

Post by racersd2 »

It's a fun separate battle between divisions, this has nothing to do with SEDIV championship, it just for bragging rights on which division is the best. Points are awarded on how many drivers compete from each division. Right now only the match tour is a 2 day event. It doesn't matter if you run all 3 or just 1 it's based on total number of participants from each division.
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

We did a similar event back in PA for a number of years. 4 regions ( NORA, OVR, SCR and a corvette club ) and had a trophy for the event. It was a blast with the trash talk, fun groups and a nice break.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

if ETR goes to this, i vote we add a "Rebel Yell" contest. :pirate:
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
racersd2

Border Wars Solo

Post by racersd2 »

Ok FYI a those of you planning on attending the 4/26 event AND the Tour, the track has allowed us to store our stuff there between events no charge.