Worker Chief assistance

Discussions related to Solo
flier129

Worker Chief assistance

Post by flier129 »

Event #2 was a reminder of how hectic it can be for the worker chief alone. So I am in need of some help.

I need a consistent volunteer to learn the ropes of worker-jerk. We would both work as "worker chiefs" through-out the event, which includes but not limited to:
-Making the workers RUN, not walk.
-Confirming key-roles(safety, timing, grid, traffic, sound, announcer, competent corner chiefs, and starter).
-Getting equipment out to each corner.
-Verifying that all participants check-in for their work assignment.
-Several other things I'm sure I missed.

Ideally, the volunteer and I wouldn't run the same heat. That way neither of us have to worry about checking in workers RIGHT before you run. As a worker chief, you sometimes have to do certain roles that you were unable fill that heat. Since I've been worker-jerk I've also done these roles, sometimes at the same event: timing, audit, announcing, grid, corner chief, helmets, sound, start. Obviously with more organization the chances of doing another role... drop. Also, encouraging other people to do such roles instead of shagging cones helps :D

The volunteer would also be my direct back-up for events I cannot make and vise versa.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
timray

Re: Worker Chief assistance

Post by timray »

I would be glad to assist. I'm always on sight early. A good mix of experienced people with new folks at each corner could help eliminate possible safety concerns.
Definitely tough for one worker chief to accomplish work assignments/potential safety issues by there self.
When starting where we did yesterday, it would also be very helpful for starter and grid to communicate a bit more so as not to run out of cars to send.
Let me know if I can be of assistance.
mikekoty

Post by mikekoty »

I'm open to learn& do also, I did sound yesterday & I'd like to to learn all the jobs. 22 sts.
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

I served 4 events last season as your back up, just waiting to be told to do it :-)
butI ain't giving up announcing Loli
Rally Boss