Sept 20 Event Chief's thread

Discussions related to Solo
RxCritical

Sept 20 Event Chief's thread

Post by RxCritical »

Registration is open, please see the registration thread.

Event Timeline:
We strongly encourage you to be on-site no later than 8:00AM, especially if you are a novice.

8:00 AM – 9:15 AM | Registration & Tech Open
9:00 AM | Course Ready to walk
9:15 AM | Novice Walks begin
10:00 AM | Course closed for walking
10:15 AM | Driver’s meeting
10:30 AM | Cars to grid
10:45 AM | Runs Begin

Sound Policy

This sound policy will be strictly enforced for this event. No exceptions can be made to this policy for this event.

This sound policy is in place to protect our access to event sites. Loud cars aren’t usually appreciated by the general public. The competitor shall carry sole responsibility for ensuring their vehicle complies with these Sound Control Standards and Procedures. Vehicle sound emission is not a constant factor that can be trimmed to barely legal (in the manner of engine displacement or vehicle weight.) Sound emissions may vary significantly from morning to afternoon, and day to day, so the competitor is advised to target any vehicle sound emission level “adjustments” to well under the limit, to allow for variations in conditions. The intent of the following rules is to truly make our events quieter by limiting the sound level produced by individual vehicles. Competitors are expected to use mufflers as the primary method for sound reduction.

STANDARD and MEASUREMENT

--Maximum limit of 96 dB, with the meter set to “A” weighting, “Slow” Response.
--The microphone will be mounted on a tripod, 3-4 feet above ground level at the measuring point 50 ft from the edge of the course lane, using a coned gate as a reference.
--The microphone will be positioned perpendicular to the vehicle’s direction of travel.
--Measurement will be taken at a point on course where the car can reasonably be expected to be at full throttle, under load, and at high RPM.
--Sound control operator will record readings over 90dBA and may at the operators discretion record or check off those under 90dBA for reference later.

These will be your chiefs for this event:
Event Chief - Paul McFall
Chief of Course - JY
Chief of Registration - Steve R.
Chief of Safety - Multi covered
Chief of Tech - Paul M,
Chief of Waivers -
Chief of Timing - Ben K.
Chief of Workers - Marcus L., Chris H.
Chief of Novices - Jim S.
Chief of Grid - Mike K.

Watch this thread for any revisions to anything having to do with this event.

Chiefs! Please post up who is owning each area and any issues you may have.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!
Last edited by RxCritical on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
integra55

Re: Sept 20 Event Chief's thread

Post by integra55 »

speaking of sound policy … anyone have the numbers from my car at the last event … new muffler … STS 55
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Holy Threadjacking Batman! :lol2: Are you going to be there Walter?
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

I'll be there to take care of the novices....
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Keep it short and simple(drivers meeting) But put ones in the know at corners.
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

If I am texting while waiting at the start and roll past the lights can I back up and retry the start? Not really sure on this cause I was texting during the driver meeting. What about if I do not pay attention and get hit by a car,Will my Mom come and pick me up.? I saw a car hit an orange thing but most of it was in the chalk line thing. Does that mean a DNF?
Bob Colbert
integra55

Post by integra55 »

RxCritical wrote:Holy Threadjacking Batman! :lol2: Are you going to be there Walter?
:lol2: :lol:

maybe … it depends on 2 things … first off .. my back .. if the pain is under control I could be there

but what will probable stop me is I had no idea a replacement radiator would knock me out of STS … I realize that my fellow competitors could say they were fine with it … but I really don't want to put them in the position of having to make that decision (with re. to the tire debacle at the start of the season) .. so I'm probably out for the rest of the season … or until the SCCA comes through with the allowance for after market radiators (Aug FastTrack) … my apologies to my fellow STS competitors for being a "cheater" at the last event
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Yea Walter that radiator looked like it gave you an extra 45 hp...lol So much more speed you couldn't get it turned fast enough and I was afraid all that speed was going to make you run into the pond... I certainly appreciate you telling us that you have an aftermarket radiator and will miss you being at the event and do most certainly thank you for your work you do for tech. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you back out with us when you are not cheating I mean don't have a illegal radiator..lol
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
integra55

Post by integra55 »

yeah … just like my oil cooler (both are track related mods) I found out that the oil cooler was illegal about the time that they made it legal … so I didn't "worry" all that much about it

the aftermarket radiator is on the "open for comments" list in the last FastTrack … odds are I'll be legal by next season … if not then I guess my autoX'ing days are over … not going to run CSP or STM … just not interested

walter jones

828-686-3245
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

As long as we're hijacking the thread... :lol2:
integra55 wrote:speaking of sound policy … anyone have the numbers from my car at the last event … new muffler … STS 55
It wasn't a prime sound location - But you didn't break 90, and I didn't notice you being loud.

integra55 wrote:or until the SCCA comes through with the allowance for after market radiators
This begs the question - can Honda supply you with an OEM 1991 radiator?

If not:

14.11 OUT OF PRODUCTION CARS
Where a car is out of production and the manufacturer is either out of business, stocks no parts or no longer has a required part, a part of any origin but as similar as possible to the original may be substituted. The entrant must be prepared to show documentary evidence that one of the three circumstances above applies and that the substituted part is as similar as possible under the circumstances. Substitute parts which provide improvements in performance (e.g., superior gearing, lighter weight, better camshaft profile, etc.) are not permitted under this allowance.
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
steverife

Post by steverife »

Wait, there is a proposal out for opening up radiators in ST? It'd suck to "have" to run some tiny non-streetable radiator.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

The idea is to open radiators up so that folks can run a larger/more efficient one for track days, not a smaller one to save weight.

Now that SCCA has a somewhat successful track thing happening (TNiA), you can probably expect more of this.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I don't like it, but then again, I own an autocross car that I can't use for track days.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
mikekoty

Post by mikekoty »

Grid chief. I'm in..
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black