Smokies Oct 4

Discussions related to Solo
dewittpayne

Re: Smokies Oct 4

Post by dewittpayne »

PAX being an accurate method is already debatable, imo, and our sites only make it worse/less accurate.
+1

zMax, for example, is a particularly good lot for R-comps. I should go look at the CCR season points, but I suspect that most of the top drivers in their Pro class are on R-comps.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
steverife

Post by steverife »

I don't care who does the course. John, Mark, JY, Robert, Harp, whoever. I trust that all of them have good intentions.

I also think that things tend to balance out over the course of a year, so you are going to get courses that don't suit you well. I can accept that, when the course is fun. I just get annoyed when I'm told that it was a balanced course when you have zero transitions, an uphill start and three 25-55'ish digs per Dewitt's data, 2 of them uphill.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
timray

Post by timray »

I'm fairly new so if this has been suggested disregard.
Seems as only a handful of events didn't suit one side or another of big hp vs small hp.
Why not just count your 8 best events with 4 throw aways?
I would like to run pro next year but sure don't care for the drama. We travel so far to race with you guys because of the lack of drama.
Please come up with a solution that makes everyone warm and fuzzy again.
Not been that long since the Wilmington tour that Team ETR was more like a family.
Fighting amongst each other is no bueno. :-)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Tim, it's already your best 7 of 12

sent from TypoTalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Our debates always turn into positive changes...

Ya'll should have been around when I got knocked out of the Pro Championship due to a TIE... Me and Rob.. I cant talk about the details...it makes me too mad!!! :lol:

but, that led us to the current scoring system we have now,where its 99.99% impossible to tie at the end of the year..

Our bichin and whiniN is worth it! :fight:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
timray

Post by timray »

My mistake Harp, for some reason I thought Pro counted all events.
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

This may be silly, but I'm just throwing a couple ideas out.

1 - In lots like Pellissippi, where the course is easily divided into two sections, what if one person designed the top part of the course, and the other designed the bottom?

2 - Mutual agreement within Pro class that allows a low hp driver to co-drive a high hp car for that particular event, or vice versa. That way, if one group (high or low HP) feels like the course is unfair, he can hop in a car that he feels is better suited to the course.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

2 would never work.. due to seat time in a given car.

edited... unless it was this past Sunday. lol

I feel Id paxed better in JY's car than in mine..even with no seat time in the car.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

John Brown wrote:2 would never work.. due to seat time in a given car.

I feel Id paxed better in JY's car than in mine..even with no seat time in the car.
The only reason I mentioned that is I remember when you drove Tim Ray's car for the first time at the end of the day and on your first ever run in his car, you bested your own top time of the day by at least .5. I know there are some significant differences in his car and yours and they're paxed differently, but it might be fun anyway. And who knows, you might PAX higher if the course is significantly tailored to a certain type of car. Some courses are better for high HP, some are better for low. I think in the course of the season, it'll all come out in the wash.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Teufelshund wrote:
John Brown wrote:2 would never work.. due to seat time in a given car.

The only reason I mentioned that is I remember when you drove Tim Ray's car for the first time at the end of the day and on your first ever run in his car, you bested your own top time of the day by at least .5. I know there are some significant differences in his car and yours and they're paxed differently, but it might be fun anyway. And who knows, you might PAX higher if the course is significantly tailored to a certain type of car. Some courses are better for high HP, some are better for low. I think in the course of the season, it'll all come out in the wash.
There's not too much differences between miatas, but another example is an event I let JB drive my car. I think I had JB's raw time in his STS car only by .2 or .3 in my STR car. JB did a run and was .1 or .2 slower than his time in the STS car. It's quick to make up large chunks of time getting into another car, I think I picked up 3-4 seconds the first couple of times in JY's car. However, I was still .4 to .6 off Pilson's times that day. Those last few tenths are hard to earn and they ultimately make the most difference.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

timray wrote:...
Not been that long since the Wilmington tour that Team ETR was more like a family.
Fighting amongst each other is no bueno. :-)
Tim, I think we are more like family than it might appear. We get mad at each other, complain about stuff, point fingers, etc. However, when you get us out of town or away from the event, we are on our best behavior and we get along, drink beer, help each other out, drink beer, eat, drink beer, and drink beer. :lol:

It probably isn't so good looking at a public forum and seeing stuff like this. Just glancing at it, you would think all we do is fight and complain but I really think we have a great group, excluding nobody, that does our best to make events fun and competitive. We have good days and bad days but I think we have a lot more good than bad.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest! :lol: :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I think this is the perfect course for Adesa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iq2ExxmNc
- Dave Disney