Dixie 2016

Discussions related to Solo
dewittpayne

Re: Dixie 2016

Post by dewittpayne »

jcox07 wrote:I am only seeing 151 on the entry list for the Wilmington pro and the cap is 275.
I checked again, it's 153. I was looking at the numbers, which were the car numbers, not entry numbers. 122 slots is still pretty small. Given the popularity of Wilmington, you'd better be fast filling out the form when registration opens tomorrow at 4PM EDT.

I'd like to go, but I can't commit now. I won't know for a while when my wife will be able to get up and down stairs and drive a car.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

MARKP wrote:Just got back from the doc... I have the flu. If you are still feeling sick, I would suggest a trip for some Tamiflu

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
UGH.

I bet that was a terrible drive home.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Sorry to hear, Mark. Hope you feel better.

Ok...so in addition to the big chunk I hit on Sunday morning... I had talked to Mark about looking at some fluid that was escaping the confines of the engine and its related parts...
Turns out I have some sort of coolant leak. Either the overflow tank has a crack or hole, or a hose has stated to fail. I'm leaning towards the tank.
So now I have to get that taken care of before next weekend
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
TedV

Post by TedV »

Brian, it's a Chevy. If it's not leaking it's out of fluid. At least that's how it is on my Suburban. :| :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Lol... Yeah, this car has not leaked anything other than some diff fluid in all the years I've owned it.

It's getting old.. Stuff is getting dry and brittle
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Not to go off course here but I've been noticing the car was not warming up the right way in the morning. Then it started to run a bit hot tonight. Humm, got it home and then went and bought a new thermostat.Took the old one out and found the rubber seal was coming apart.Split on both sides,leak was so slow I never saw a leak due to the heat. Smelled coolant at some times but not always. Put a new one in and refilled the coolant and presto! Back in action with no worries.
Bob Colbert
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Great job to all of the ETR drivers down in Dixie this past weekend! You all ran some fast times and took home many trophies!

Also, thanks to all of those who helped me get back to Knoxville safely (Kristo, Steve, Jed, Jeff and Randy) after losing my transmission in the spyder just north of ATL on Sunday evening (output shaft bearing failed and threw pieces everywhere I believe). And special thanks to Harp for being willing to trailer my car back to Knox and to Randy for trailering me the rest of the way; congrats to him on a trophy spot in ES and on one of the fastest raw times in ES on Sunday (great job Steve on the killer performance in ES as well).

I appreciate everyone in ETR for being so willing to help and for allowing me to be apart of everything. Thank you!
Kevin Lindley
'03 MR2 Spyder (blue) - ES 37
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Holy crap. Didn't hear about that. Glad you didn't have more damage. Glad everyone was near enough to help as well.

Reminds me... Next national trip, we need a database of everyone going with contact info for just these occasions
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
thrdeye

Re: RE: Re: Dixie 2016

Post by thrdeye »

Kinetic wrote:Great job to all of the ETR drivers down in Dixie this past weekend! You all ran some fast times and took home many trophies!

Also, thanks to all of those who helped me get back to Knoxville safely (Kristo, Steve, Jed, Jeff and Randy) after losing my transmission in the spyder just north of ATL on Sunday evening (output shaft bearing failed and threw pieces everywhere I believe). And special thanks to Harp for being willing to trailer my car back to Knox and to Randy for trailering me the rest of the way; congrats to him on a trophy spot in ES and on one of the fastest raw times in ES on Sunday (great job Steve on the killer performance in ES as well).

I appreciate everyone in ETR for being so willing to help and for allowing me to be apart of everything. Thank you!
No problem man. I drive a rotary so I put karma in the bank whenever I can.

Hope its a cheap fix. If not, please post gor codrives and I'm sure you will get some takers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Kevin,

You can drive my car any time.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Thank you very much for the offer DeWitt! I'm sure the Mustang would be a fun car to drive...not sure if I would fit with a helmet? I haven't yet decided on attending this Sunday, though I do have a current plan on a codrive if I do.

As far as the trans cost goes, I ordered a completely rebuilt tranny from Cali to the tune of $1250 delivered after I return my core. Hopefully it will arrive sometime next week, and hopefully no output shaft bearing issues for a long time.
Kevin Lindley
'03 MR2 Spyder (blue) - ES 37
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Kevin,

I'm 6'4" and I fit with a helmet, barely. The problem with my car is being too short as the seat height is not adjustable except for the small amount it goes up as the seat slides forward.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C