ND Miata.

Discussions related to Solo
Dentspeed

ND Miata.

Post by Dentspeed »

Anyone know if the club only would be best, or is the brembo/bbs package would be necessary?
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
dewittpayne

Re: ND Miata.

Post by dewittpayne »

If it's factory or port installed, get it, in my opinion. SCCA seems to class cars based on their fully tricked out performance. So if you don't get wheels (brakes are less important), you'll be competing against cars that have them. And if it's a package rather than individual options, you have to get all the package, not just, say, the wheels.

For example, the 2015 Mustang GT with the performance package comes with a 3.73:1 on a Torsen diff. To get the Torsen, you have to get the whole package. And you can't change the rear axle ratio because that's not an option on the package. Without the performance package, you're stuck with the Traction-Lok diff, which has its problems. The clutches wear out pretty fast.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

dewittpayne wrote:If it's factory or port installed, get it, in my opinion. SCCA seems to class cars based on their fully tricked out performance. So if you don't get wheels (brakes are less important), you'll be competing against cars that have them. And if it's a package rather than individual options, you have to get all the package, not just, say, the wheels.

For example, the 2015 Mustang GT with the performance package comes with a 3.73:1 on a Torsen diff. To get the Torsen, you have to get the whole package. And you can't change the rear axle ratio because that's not an option on the package. Without the performance package, you're stuck with the Traction-Lok diff, which has its problems. The clutches wear out pretty fast.
So glad I got that Performance Package..... :rockon:
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Trey, for what class?

Vendors sorted out a brake package that is much cheaper and better than the brembo add-on from the dealer. You'll likely replace the wheels either which way. The club does look pretty damn nice, but I think it might be a tad heavier than a base.

Oh, you'll likely replace the bilsteins the club has as well :lol:

I'd vote base model :rockon:

edit: I take that back, base model which Mazda calls "sport" only has 6.5" wide wheels. So might be worth splurging on the club model if you plan on running CS since they have 7" wide wheels. Weight difference probably isn't that bad.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT