Smokies event # 3

Discussions related to Solo
90civichb

Re: Smokies event # 3

Post by 90civichb »

I forgot how rough the lot was at the stadium. I had a great time, STM has some great competition and positive attitudes. I hated that lot last year when I was NA but with power it was much more enjoyable. Great job guys!
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I usually hate Smokies, but that was the best course I've driven there. Great event!

It's gonna be a good battle in STM this year for sure.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
TedV

Post by TedV »

90civichb wrote:I forgot how rough the lot was at the stadium.
It's better than it used to be. I will say without a doubt traveling over the drains into and out of the lower lot is much smoother the opposite direction. :lol:

It was a fun day. 5 runs, done in time for eats and get the gear unloaded before dark. :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Sound report???
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

dewittpayne wrote:Sound report???

Patience...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

BTW, didn't have any experienced person for sound on run group 2.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks....to the registration team for a job well done....Steve, Jon, Randy and Mike.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

With 3 events in the books, pro has 3 different winners. Pro is shaping up to be a good battle, now to get Randy in pro....
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I haven't run the numbers, but I think Randy would either be leading in Pro or very close to the top considering he would have finished in the top three at all three events.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
benk

Post by benk »

Course looked good from the look I had at it. Big thanks to Brian and Ariel for towing the BMW home after its brake failure. Replacing the hardlines stem to stern is going to be super fun before the next event.

That transition going up from the lower lot is quite the unsettling bump!
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: Smokies event # 3

Post by Challenger »

benk wrote:
That transition going up from the lower lot is quite the unsettling bump!
Yea it was, I drug the front splitter coming up thru there once.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Yep, we had to brake early and less hard than we wanted to in the Mustang to avoid pissing off the ABS.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:I had a great time yesterday! The day seemed to flow really good......lots of new faces. I had 0 cones! STS is really gonna be tough....... What color do you want your skirts???? :)
Well now the lucky one speaks,,,,,,Black sounds ok. Cause thats what ya going to be wearing the rest of the year.Bwwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I still say I can drive that car faster........Might cause the owners to scratch on the itchy parts.
Bob Colbert
TedV

Post by TedV »

benk wrote: That transition going up from the lower lot is quite the unsettling bump!
Sucks on the brake line. If you need to borrow a line bending tool I have one around here somewhere. It works better than a WD40 can... Yes, I have used both. Get the proper tool to bend the lines, trust me.

I altered my line to hit it about 2/3rds the way to the left. No where near the proper line. And my best time was doing all my braking before I hit it so I could turn at the pointer and have a chance of being close to the first cone in the slalom. Can any of the course workers say how far off the ground the kart was? Scott Gibson, please ignore any answers to that question. Also, any cone that has gone under the kart, into the wheels, etc. the darn thing STOPS even when I am foot to the floor downshifting, trying to accelerate off the cone. Sorry folks working the bottom of the hill turn around for taking out the wall on my first run. :oops: I hope it was spectacular to watch :mrgreen:

From the passenger seat of the rallycross Neon... what bumps??? :lol: That thing rides like a Barcalounger while listening to some sweet jazz. Although I do need to figure out what is clunking up in the front. :? Its supposed to have -2 degrees on each side not -1.25 and -2.75. Another close look at the sub-frame bolts is on the list.
Ted V.
TedV

Post by TedV »

oldmuscle69 wrote:
NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:I had a great time yesterday! The day seemed to flow really good......lots of new faces. I had 0 cones! STS is really gonna be tough....... What color do you want your skirts???? :)
Well now the lucky one speaks,,,,,,Black sounds ok. Cause thats what ya going to be wearing the rest of the year.Bwwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I still say I can drive that car faster........Might cause the owners to scratch on the itchy parts.
The black work out leggings seemed to work out great for Lin Sunday. :fight:
Ted V.