Thought these might interest some of you.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Chadwick

Thought these might interest some of you.

Post by Chadwick »

07 APRIL 2004

Workers Needed for the Pepsi 300

Our assignment will be ushers in the main grandstand. Once the race starts we will not have much to do except watch the race.

APRIL 9TH 10 People needed as ushers.
Arrive at South 9 lot by 4:00pm
Stay until race is over.

APRIL 10TH 14 People needed as ushers
Arrive at South 9 lot by 10:30 am
Stay until race is finished.

Ushers will get credentials and shirts when they sign in at South Lot 9.

Anyone having shirts from previous events please return them.

Wear a T-shirt so that when you leave you can turn in the worker shirt.

As of Monday morning (April 5th) we are not even close to filling our assignments. Workers do not have to be members so if you have friends or family that want to help let me know.

Mail responses to: driver91@comcast.net

Thanks,
Richard Darnell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workers Needed National Mustang Club 40th Anniversary Event.

The National Mustang club is celebrating the 40 Anniversary of the Ford Mustang at the Nashville Super Speedway. They are asking for volunteers from our club to help out. The track is supplying corner workers, but they need help in grid and the tower. I have volunteered to help out announcing and race control. The event is April 15th - 17th. If you would like to help out or need more details email pbecker@comcast.net or give Paul Becker a call at 615-585-3631.

This is not the Music City Mustang club event that is scheduled for May 28 and 29 although that club is hosting this 40th Anniversary event. It is also not an SCCA sponsored or insured event.

Paul Becker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workers need Bowling Green Mini Grand Prix

Its that time of year again... when a young man's thoughts turn to racin', cheatin', and destroyin' hay bails with a Corvette bodied go cart!

Come out and have some fun at the Bowling Green Mini Grand Prix Saturday April 24th.

This IS a SCCA sponsored and insured event. Our club is being paid $1000 to supply officials and corner workers.

There will be a few hotel rooms available for those who would like to help set up the track Friday night. For those who want to get there Friday night we go out to dinner as a group and go to the Beech Bend race track to see the oval and figure 8 races before setting up the track.

You will receive a Tee shirt, and Lunch for helping out. There are usually lots of vendors giving away free stuff. There are kid rides and something for the whole family to do.

We were a little shorthanded last year, we would like to have a few more workers this year. The more workers we have the easier it is on everyone.

Contact Paul Becker for Details:
pbecker@comcast.net
615-585-3631

Workers Needed for National Z3 Fest and Eurofest 2004

Hello everyone! Now that I have your attention and our racing season is finally underway, I'd like to make another request for volunteers to help out with two autocrosses that the TRSCCA has arranged to put on during the month of May. The first event is for the national Z3 Fest, which will be on Saturday, May 8th at a parking lot near Opryland Hotel. The second event will be for Eurofest of Nashville on Sunday, May 30th at our usual location. In case you do not know, the TRSCCA puts on events like these for other organizations to help raise money for our club to buy new computers, trophies, cones and neon green mesh hats for the safety stewards.

Since my last e-mail regarding this subject, I have nailed down a few more details regarding the events. If you volunteer for either event, you will be able to run that day. I imagine that we can break our group of volunteers into two, and one group can work the autocross while the other group runs with the event participants. Best of all, you won't have to pay an entry fee- the offer of your time will be payment enough. Since this is not a TRSCCA event, there will be no points awarded- so if that makes you sad, you might want to stay at home and polish your helmet and clean the dirt off your racing shoes! If you just enjoy getting to spend time behind the wheel of your car, please volunteer your time on behalf of the club and join us on either date or both! Brian and I will be setting up a course at Opryland on Saturday morning, so you can bet it will be a fun one! Also, if you are proficient in setting up the timing lights, please consider volunteering as Brian and I are not completely comfortable with that yet.

If you are interested, please let me know by dropping me an e-mail at bthompson@wallerlaw.com. Below is a list of volunteers for both events based on responses to my last e-mail. If your name is listed and you can't join us, please let me know. Thank you!

Z3 Fest: Saturday, May 8

John Baese
Jason Farley
Andrew Cowden
Jeff Mellow
Dean Howlett
Dan Demers
Brendan Thompson
Brian Johns
Dan Chadwick

Eurofest of Nashville: Sunday, May 30

Jason Farley
Jeff Mellow
Dean Howlett
Dan Demers
Rich Lavosky
Brendan Thompson
Brian Johns
Dan Chadwick
TRSCCA Webmaster
BSP 92
96 Corvette LT4
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Please keep us posted on ALL events of this sort. Thanks for the info!!
I would have loved to do the Pepsi 300 event, but my internet was down for a few days and I missed out. :(
We have quite a few here who like to volunteer as schedules allow.
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!