what a day in history.....

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Wheelman_13

Re: what a day in history.....

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Dentspeed66 wrote:
gbwrx wrote:
John Brown wrote:"our Legal system at work?"

Our legal system seems to work good for extremely famous people. How about OJ?
Exactly, plus there was also a civil case which he settled for an undisclosed amount. Now keep in mind this happened twice. Look, he was obviously a great talent, and like many who get fame as a child, have serious problems, but that doesn't excuse what he did. If he was innocent, then someone of his fame and fortune would not have settled those cases out of court.
IMHO, that whole situation with the civil trial was Bullshizzle. That was being tried twice for the same crime. Innocent in reality or not, once he was acquitted of the murder charges, that should have been it, done, finito. Instead the family of the people he didn't kill (according to the murder trial) got to take all of his money because he killed them....????

I'm just sayin'... :)
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I personally (read personally) think that OJ did it and Michael did kids.
2013 WRX
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

steverife wrote:
Dentspeed66 wrote:If he was innocent, then someone of his fame and fortune would not have settled those cases out of court.
If I had his notoriety, I'd do everything I could to not go to court, innocent or not.
If I had that much money I would rather pay a lawyer twice as much to go to court instead of paying someone that is accusing me of something I didn't do. That is if I didn't do it. If I did then it would be a different story. Of course I say this not knowing how it is to be in somone elses shoes in a situation like this. If may be saying something else if I were placed in this situation.
2013 WRX
whenry

Post by whenry »

I aint touching any of this thread except to say that the Frampton album was a fraud too. Right up there with Milli Vanilli. The "live" portions were dubbed in. I just found it interesting that they played the same song every Sunday nite at 9pm or so. And it wasnt even a good song! I would have much preferred the Eddie Van Halen guitar in "Beat It". Maybe now with the historical perspective, we now know what Michael was beating. Ok, I did take a shot at Michael too.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

Mikey beating his "Weenis" :lol:
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)