Street Touring R - anyone going to run this class next year?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
85Carrera

Street Touring R - anyone going to run this class next year?

Post by 85Carrera »

who's thinking of running this new Street Touring R class...looks like a fun class and my 85 Carrera fits here...

FYI - I had to take last year "off" from AX, as I spent most of my free time rennovating a house I bought. But I definitely plan on coming back out this year as much as a busy job and family will allow :P....
Wheelman_13

Re: Street Touring R - anyone going to run this class next year?

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Cool. I wondered what you'd been off doing. I saw you leaving the office park a while ago in the Porsche and thought, "well, he's alive and the car is running..." :lol:

Neither of my cars fit, so I'm out on that class, but I'm curious to see where it goes.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I think some local S2000's should run it. I sure would.
2013 WRX
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

yeah, getting the house we bought rennovated and my old house fixed up and sold litterally took all of my spare time this past year....I very much look forward to getting back out there with you guys in 2010, i'm sure i will have to completely re-learn what little I had picked up back in 2008...

the list of cars for ST-R looks interesting...the article in this months GRM caught my eye @ evaluating cars and was a great article imo in general, made me think.....as the article points out for sure S2000s will be a hot one in this class, but guessing there are many others on that list that could rule locally if properly setup...
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

yeah. somebody with an S needs to pick up some 17x8.5 RPF1's and 245/40-17 toyo R1R's!

i'll throw in for tires if i get to drive it! :lol: i'll even tote your tires so you dont have to make a trailer :rockon:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
BLK97Z3

Post by BLK97Z3 »

I'll be running STR (#52) this year. Changed jobs so I'll be doing more travel but hope to make at least six AX's. No improvements this year, just plugs and brake fluid and repair of a broken weld on the rear swaybar. The old Azinis still have plenty of tread so I'll be focused on better driving and having fun. The Z3 had pretty good luck staying with the Porches in the PCA events. Look forward to seeing you on the course! :pirate:
Mike McCarthy - Black Z3 Roadster
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

Hey Mike, glad to hear there is one guy interested in this class...any other people thinking about this class?

Just wonderig as I would have to buy new wheels and tires to run here, as i've got some half worn R888s on my 15 inch AX wheels...I haven't found good 15 in ST tires wider than 225 for my 8x15 rims? 225s were widest i could find so far, but haven't looked that hard yet...my car has stock sway bars too which gives some good bodyroll :roll: , but for sure wouldn't do anything with them this year if i had to buy wheels and tires :shock:
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

ke0ki2k wrote:yeah. somebody with an S needs to pick up some 17x8.5 RPF1's and 245/40-17 toyo R1R's!

i'll throw in for tires if i get to drive it! :lol: i'll even tote your tires so you dont have to make a trailer :rockon:
:lol: ........ i can see it now.

Cathers says while wrenching down the last lug nut, "Pardon me, while i kick your ass in your car at every event this year"
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

depending on what I buy/what I have left over to play with, I may wind up in STR for atleast a season... hopefully there is a good local turnout.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

well, I hope a few run this class, I think i've pretty much made up my mind to as i put my cat back on yesterday and also reinstalled my rear seats 8)

while my car has decent torque, it isn't a S2000 @ suspension and tire width for sure..also the MX-5s are supposed to be a hot car here...

given everthing else, I think my car is better classed here than in BSP.....but for my setup I can get 255s out back, but the fronts are limited to @ 225s...also having the engine hanging out over the rear wheels makes for some fun spins. :rockon:
keith

Post by keith »

Hello there ETR...

If I get to run this season it'll most likely be in this new STR class. I still haven't replaced the trailer which was stolen, so still no way to haul the R-comps. Should be a fun class!
Keith Davenport
BS 94 '02 Silver S2000
Phil Smith

Post by Phil Smith »

New guy here thinking about making a couple of run in STR this year with 1987 Porsche Carrera. Have a set of 993 rims. 7"X17" for front and 9"X17" for rear. Suggestions for tire choices would be appreciated.
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Bridgestone RE-11
Kumho XS
Dunlop Direzza StarSpec
2013 WRX
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Phil Smith wrote:New guy here thinking about making a couple of run in STR this year with 1987 Porsche Carrera. Have a set of 993 rims. 7"X17" for front and 9"X17" for rear. Suggestions for tire choices would be appreciated.
Hi Phil ... Welcome!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

well guys, I have prepped the car for STR, except I won't be able to get the right wheels and tires for a while...will have to run in BSP for a while, until I shred what is left of my old R888s :pirate: