classes

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Adam

classes

Post by Adam »

hey everybody this is keith adams friend in the integra i ran sts last year and this year i have upgraded to a 7.5 pound flywheel and a stage one clutch and i need to know what class i may be able to run and i dont want to run sm if possible
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I don't know if STS allows the flywheel. If not, you might try STX or the appropriate Street Prepared class. You might get in under this new STU class but I don't know much about it either.

I know you would fit in SP, Probably either CSP or DSP depending on the model of Integra you have.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

As I understand the rules, a car with a lightened flywheel can't compete in STS, STS2, STX, or STU (which generally follows the STS/STX rules except displacement and tire sizes). This car would fall into DSP if it is not a Type R, and CSP if it is, and of course SM.

Generally you need R compound tires to compete sucessfully in these SP classes. Both of these classes are "Miata classses" and generally compete well with our group of SM drivers. There are more drivers in SM. Occassionally CSP and/or DSP will have no entries, and it is not as much fun having no one else in your class.

Good luck and have fun.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

{off topic} Scott.. Which tires are you running this year?
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Worn out Ecsta V700s for the first race or two, then probably just a new set of the same. I would like to move up to 215 Hoosier AS04s but the cost difference is big. Currently on 205s.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

scottgib wrote: Generally you need R compound tires to compete sucessfully in these SP classes. Both of these classes are "Miata classses" and generally compete well with our group of SM drivers. There are more drivers in SM. Occassionally CSP and/or DSP will have no entries, and it is not as much fun having no one else in your class.

Good luck and have fun.
Locally, I doubt you would need the R compounds in SP since I can't think of anyone in CSP or DSP that currently runs on them. You would run against Miatas in CSP and BMW 6 cylinders in DSP. Integras in DSP actually fare pretty well nationally if they are prepared correctly.

The point is to have fun no matter what. However, I hope you will buy a rulebook and prepare your car to a certain level. Otherwise you might end up in SM eventually. It's just a matter of time before someone builds a butt-whoopin' car for SM locally. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Would that butt-whoopen car for SM be your car Pilson?
Last edited by Mark McCrary on Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Uh when those boys show up in the Spec Miati, they are on R compound of some sort. I guess Mark M's CSP noise maker is gone though.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

The guy that bought the CSP car could only make two run before they told him to go home and make the car quite. I feel really bad about that.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

What region was he running in? It was kinda loud, but I've heard worse (ahem, Wayne). Course, I'm not silent myself... it'll be interesting to see what the new decibel meter says.
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

Hey, that was only one weekend and I've changed exhaust system since then. You make noise one time and you're loud the rest of your life.l
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

He is in the Colorado region. He even put the silencer in.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Mark McCrary wrote:Would that butt-whoopen car for SM be your car Pilson?
Who, me? :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club