Sentra SE-R Spec V power/springs upgrade questions

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
exhacker

Sentra SE-R Spec V power/springs upgrade questions

Post by exhacker »

Can anyone help out my buddy GC with his "new" Spec V? He's trying to get some additional power and handling from stock. He wants to do a AEM CAI and springs, either Tien or Eibach, I think. Would it not be better to get a reflash for the ECU instead of the CAI, or maybe an SAFC?... does it expect you to have the I/H/E mods already? Anyone have experience with lowering springs on the Nissan Sentra SE-R's? Cliff?....

I think he's looking to spend about $200 to $300 on power mods at the moment... not sure what his budget for springs allows.

Thanks,
x
`08 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door Sport Wagon 5MT (Obsidian Black Pearl)
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

I had the Eibach Pro Kit on my car and was very happy with the improvement over the stock springs. I have read the Tien springs are on the soft side. I would not worry about messing with the ECU on a N/A car. (As JW stated) You can’t go wrong with the I/H/E upgrades, the Spec V responds really well to a header. The only other thing I would suggest are motor mount inserts or replace them, to get rid of the wheel hop.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

On my N/A Focus ZETEC, I found a chip to be useful.
It may have not gained any PEAK HP, but it altered the torque-curve, such that it was stronger down low, AND up top past the peak....
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
Kelway

Post by Kelway »

1992 NX2000 - Under Repair as we speak....